Season Explorers Winter Camp
We are an “old school” kind of winter camp. At our winter camp kids will do lots of arts & crafts, sports, play outdoor games, explore nature, dance, and so much more!
At Season Explorers, we avoid electronics. We want to see our explorers engage with other children, make new friends, learn to share and respect each other’s opinions and values, and create fun and positive memories. We want our campers to have a great time here with us!
Creative Play, Sports, Garden, Farm, and Special Guest appearances.
This program is designed to support our community when your child’s school is not in session. We are a small Winter and Summer program; We have limited space for each week. We like to know our explorers by name and accommodate each one of them as best we can.
Get a sibling discount when you purchase for 2 children or more.
Use code ” SIBLING ” at checkout to receive a discount for your 2nd child.
DEC. 19TH–DEC. 22ND
Open for 5 days.
Regular hours 9am-4pm,$430
Extended hours 8am to 6pm, $450
Come have fun with us; we will do some beautiful holiday art to take home, play fun holiday games, have an exchange gift game ( secret friend - no more than $3), work in teams, make new friends, and much more!
DEC. 26TH–DEC. 29th
Open for 4 days.
Regular hours 9am-4pm,$344
Extended hours 8am to 6pm, $364
Continue the fun with us in week 2! It is a 4-day week because we will be closed on Christmas Day (Dec. 25th). Still, our week will continue to be fun and full of activities, story time, drama, singing, dance, arts and crafts, and celebrations, saying goodbye to 2023 and getting ready for an amazing 2024!
Jan. 2Nd–Jan. 5th
Open for 4 days
Regular hours 9am-4pm,$344
Extended hours 8am to 6pm, $364
Happy New Year Everyone !!! Come spend this last week of winter break with us and share your 2024 goals!! We will work a lot in groups because we want to emphasize teamwork, start and finish small tasks asked, follow instructions, respect others' opinions, and get our groove back to school!!
This option is for families who only need one day of camp. We strongly encourage you to sign-up for the whole week as our program is designed for a week full of cohesive activities. But, we understand if you want to purchase a pass for One Day Only for Camp.We are an "old school" kind of winter camp. At our winter camp kids will do lots of arts & crafts, sports, play outdoor games, explore nature, dance, and so much more! At Season Explorers, we avoid electronics. We want to see our explorers engage with other children, make new friends, learn to share and respect each other's opinions and values, and create fun and positive memories. We want our campers to have a great time here with us! Camp Dates:
- Week 1: Dec. 19th-Dec. 23rd
- Week 2: Dec. 26th-Dec. 30th
- Week 3: Jan. 2nd-Jan 6th
- Regular Hours : 9am-4pm
- Extended Hours: 9am-6pm
We would like to welcome and invite our future mentors, leaders and coaches to enjoy this program. This is an exclusive invitation and we're limiting the space to 4 teenagers, 13 to 15 years old. It is designed to inspire young people to learn how to engage in community organizations and teach them how to be future mentors, leaders, and coaches. The goal is to teach them to follow instructions, arrive on time, finish tasks when asked, respect others' opinions and values, and get along with peers and adults.
Hours: 9am to 4pm
Note: All participants must be vaccinated.
THINGS TO BRING
- Change of clothes (for water play)
- What clothes to wear?
- Please wear comfortable clothes so that you can get dirty – our goal is to have fun. No open shoes.
- Please label all your child’s belongings as lots of backpacks and lunch boxes are the same design.
- Bottled water
(staff will not be responsible for those items.)
- All electronics
- no cell phones
- or electronic games.
- All special collectibles! (cards and your favorite small toys, etc)
- We will follow CDC and LAUSD COVID19 protocol. Masks are not required outdoors, but each family will decide whether the camper should wear a mask. Respectfully, we will leave it up to the parent/guardian’s choice and discretion.
KEEP IN MIND:
- Campers are devided into age-groups
- Ratio: Our ratio is ten explorers per 1 coach, plus a Jr coach.
- Hours: Regular hours are 9:00am to 4:00pm or extended 8:00 am to 6:00pm
- Lunch Time: 12:30 pm (Explorers must bring their lunch) we will provide two snacks during the day. Explorers with allergies, please inform the coordinator and add special instructions on the registration form.
- Medicines: Medicines must be labeled and approved by the doctor.
- Explorers with special needs: Season Explorers, welcome all explorers but reserve the right to ask for 1:1 if necessary.
Our goal is to make each camper comfortable and receiving the proper attention.
- Activities: Our activities will vary according to the week’s theme, but in all weeks explorers will be doing arts and crafts, learning about plants and animals – visiting them and be exposed to them (farm animals), playing sports, music, creative play, gardening and teamwork ( socialization skills)
- Encouragement to wash hands will be mentioned at all times, plus hand sanitizers will be inside the classes and outside areas where they play – apparatus will be used and by age groups only.
REMINDER TO PARENTS:
- We kindly ask you to drop off your child at the gate; Parents are not allowed on campus during camp hours.
- During the day Explorers are reminded to have water breaks and bathroom breaks. Kids are supervised when going to bathrooms. Coaches will stay outside the bathroom’s door, only two campers at the time will be using the bathroom, by their age groups only.
- Our snacks will be granola bars, or fruits that are individually wrapped from the store
- If your child is allergic or dairy free please make sure to write down at registration form. We will make sure he/she will get the appropriate snack.
- An information board will be at pickup /drop off area with daily information
- If a person other than Parent or authorized adult will pick up child a verbal authorization and proper ID will be required.
- Sunscreen is provide at check-in area. Coaches also apply sunscreen to Explorers as needed during the day.
- Sibling Discount: 5% off each additional child
coupon code : sibling (use when you register each additional child)
- Explorers T-shirts are $20.00 each
- You may sign up Explorers for as many weeks as they like.
- Registrations can be done online but if you would like in-person registration please contact Mrs Leila (818) 653-2267 to set up a date and time.
MORE INFO FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
Example of our daily schedule:
Explorers are divided by age group and will be rotating doing activities – they will be engaging with their appropriate age group.
- 8:00 to 9:15am – Free Play at yard with coaches supervision
- 9:15am – Explorers will be called to wash up
- 9:30am – gates are locked and parents are leaving
- 9:30am to 10:15am – Explorers will have a snack, we will also introduce the coaches, rules and regulations, earthquake drills, schedule of the day etc.
- 10:15am to 10:30am Explorers are divided by age group
- 10:30am to 12:30pm Explorers will start their rotations that consisted in different activities depending the day or weather.Our morning part of the day is dedicated to outdoors.
- Activities could be:
Different sports & activities for example: (Soccer, gardening, arts and crafts, or music)
- 12:30pm wash up
- 12:45pm to 1:30pm Explorers will have lunch
- 1:30pm to 3:30pm – 2nd Rotation, this time indoors.
Rotation consists in divided the Explorers again by age group and activities will be:
Arts & Crafts (that will be according with theme of the week), Music, Dance, Pottering, Science Experiments
- 3:30pm to 4:00pm – Wash up & 2nd snack
- 4:00pm – Some Explorers go home
- 4:00pm to 5:30pm – Outside games
- 5:30pm to 6:00pm – Board games, puzzles, drawing, reading or playing games with coaches inside classroom waiting for Parents.
- Don’t forget to sign out your Explorers.