Winter Program Dec 19th-Jan 6th
Season Explorers is an enrichment program that encourages a child’s love for exploration, imagination, and creativity. We design our seasonal program to support our community when your child’s school is not in session. We are a small summer and winter program; we have limited space each week. We like to know our explorers by name and accommodate each of them as best we can.
We carefully design our camp to focus on teamwork, promoting lifelong skills such as empathy and respect. We believe that our program will promote long-lasting bonds of friendship and citizenship.
Arts & Crafts, Creative Play, Nature, Sports, Dance, Garden, Farm, & Friends!
We are an "old school" kind of winter camp. At our winter camp kids will do lots of arts & crafts, sports, play outdoor games, explore nature, dance, and so much more!
At Season Explorers, we avoid electronics. We want to see our explorers engage with other children, make new friends, learn to share and respect each other’s opinions and values, and create fun and positive memories. We want our campers to have a great time here with us!
- Week 1: Dec. 19th-Dec. 23rd
- Week 2: Dec. 26th-Dec. 30th
- Week 3: Jan. 2nd-Jan 6th
- Regular Hours : 9am-4pm
- Extended Hours: 9am-6pm
We guarantee a fun time!
Sign-up for 1, 2 or the full 3 weeks of winter camp!
“One-Day Only” Pass for camp is also available.
THINGS TO BRING
- Change of clothes (for water play)
- What clothes to wear?
- Please wear comfortable clothes so that you can get dirty – our goal is to have fun. No open shoes.
- Please label all your child’s belongings as lots of backpacks and lunch boxes are the same design.
- Bottled water
(staff will not be responsible for those items.)
- All electronics
- no cell phones
- or electronic games.
- All special collectibles! (cards and your favorite small toys, etc)
- We will follow CDC and LAUSD COVID19 protocol. Masks are not required outdoors, but each family will decide whether the camper should wear a mask. Respectfully, we will leave it up to the parent/guardian’s choice and discretion.
KEEP IN MIND:
- Campers are devided into age-groups
- Ratio: Our ratio is ten explorers per 1 coach, plus a Jr coach.
- Hours: Regular hours are 9:00am to 4:00pm or extended 8:00 am to 6:00pm
- Lunch Time: 12:30 pm (Explorers must bring their lunch) we will provide two snacks during the day. Explorers with allergies, please inform the coordinator and add special instructions on the registration form.
- Medicines: Medicines must be labeled and approved by the doctor.
- Explorers with special needs: Season Explorers, welcome all explorers but reserve the right to ask for 1:1 if necessary.
Our goal is to make each camper comfortable and receiving the proper attention.
- Activities: Our activities will vary according to the week’s theme, but in all weeks explorers will be doing arts and crafts, learning about plants and animals – visiting them and be exposed to them (farm animals), playing sports, music, creative play, gardening and teamwork ( socialization skills)
- Encouragement to wash hands will be mentioned at all times, plus hand sanitizers will be inside the classes and outside areas where they play – apparatus will be used and by age groups only.
REMINDER TO PARENTS:
- We kindly ask you to drop off your child at the gate; Parents are not allowed on campus during camp hours.
- During the day Explorers are reminded to have water breaks and bathroom breaks. Kids are supervised when going to bathrooms. Coaches will stay outside the bathroom’s door, only two campers at the time will be using the bathroom, by their age groups only.
- Our snacks will be granola bars, or fruits that are individually wrapped from the store
- If your child is allergic or dairy free please make sure to write down at registration form. We will make sure he/she will get the appropriate snack.
- An information board will be at pickup /drop off area with daily information
- If a person other than Parent or authorized adult will pick up child a verbal authorization and proper ID will be required.
- Sunscreen is provide at check-in area. Coaches also apply sunscreen to Explorers as needed during the day.
- Sibling Discount: 5% off each additional child
coupon code : sibling (use when you register each additional child)
- Explorers T-shirts are $20.00 each
- You may sign up Explorers for as many weeks as they like.
- Registrations can be done online but if you would like in-person registration please contact Mrs Leila (818) 653-2267 to set up a date and time.
MORE INFO FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
Example of our daily schedule:
Explorers are divided by age group and will be rotating doing activities – they will be engaging with their appropriate age group.
- 8:00 to 9:15am – Free Play at yard with coaches supervision
- 9:15am – Explorers will be called to wash up
- 9:30am – gates are locked and parents are leaving
- 9:30am to 10:15am – Explorers will have a snack, we will also introduce the coaches, rules and regulations, earthquake drills, schedule of the day etc.
- 10:15am to 10:30am Explorers are divided by age group
- 10:30am to 12:30pm Explorers will start their rotations that consisted in different activities depending the day or weather.Our morning part of the day is dedicated to outdoors.
- Activities could be:
Different sports & activities for example: (Soccer, gardening, arts and crafts, or music)
- 12:30pm wash up
- 12:45pm to 1:30pm Explorers will have lunch
- 1:30pm to 3:30pm – 2nd Rotation, this time indoors.
Rotation consists in divided the Explorers again by age group and activities will be:
Arts & Crafts (that will be according with theme of the week), Music, Dance, Pottering, Science Experiments
- 3:30pm to 4:00pm – Wash up & 2nd snack
- 4:00pm – Some Explorers go home
- 4:00pm to 5:30pm – Outside games
- 5:30pm to 6:00pm – Board games, puzzles, drawing, reading or playing games with coaches inside classroom waiting for Parents.
- Don’t forget to sign out your Explorers.
COVID19 Safety NOTICE:
- We will follow L.A. County regulations regarding masks. We will need to wear MASKS at the camp if L.A. County requires them. At the entrance, we will be checking the campers’ temperature, and we will have the right to send a camper home if they have a temperature above 98.6 or coughing constantly. We will also keep the same rules LAUSD uses at school regarding parents on campus. We kindly ask you to drop off your child at the gate; we greatly appreciate it. We will do our best to keep everyone safe. Masks are NOT required outdoors, but respectfully, we will leave it up to the parent/guardian’s choice and discretion if they want to wear masks outdoor.
- School gates will be locked at all times, and the camp phone number will be attached out there if parents need to pick up a child earlier or drop off something. If a child goes home with a friend or a different person who usually drops off, please let Mrs. Leila know, or the camper will not be released.
- We require any third party company or representative that will come to camp to show proof of vaccine or negative covid test before entering our campus.
- There is a risk of covid19 in crowded places or where people are in closer proximity. The user of our program must assume all risks; Season Explorers, Mrs. Leila Wells, faculty and staff, and LAUSD are not responsible if such assumption happens. Parents or guardians will be responsible and liable for any costs, claims, lawsuits, and damages arising directly or indirectly from its user.
Mrs. Leila Wells and Season Explorers do not represent or guarantee that the Covid19 will not happen at camp, especially when the pandemic has not been fully controlled or eradicated by a vaccine. Ms. Leila Wells and Season Explorers have the right to send a camper home if their temperature is above normal 98.6